subscription video on demand, ott and catch up tv
Uptake of subscription video on demand (SVOD) services delivered over the Internet is skyrocketing in Australia with two million active subscriptions recorded at the end of June 2015. Amidst this boom, both advertising based streaming video (catch-up) and Pay TV are also finding their place in the emerging media landscape.
Telsyte' SVOD/OTT Video Market Study 2015 provides detailed insights into the forces and factors influencing consumers uptake of video entertainment services.
Some questions answered in this study include:
- What is the uptake of SVOD services, Pay TV and Catch-up TV in Australia?
- What is the market share of SVOD providers in Australia?
- What is the future outlook of SVOD services in Australia?
- What devices are being used for watching SVOD and Catch-up TV services?
- Will SVOD services encourage subscribers to upgrade their Internet services?
- What are the drivers underpinning future growth in the market?
- Will new market entrants appear?
Telsyte's SVOD/OTT Video Market Study 2015 is designed for:
- Media executives in the video entertainment industry (TV, production and online)
- Current and potential SVOD industry participants looking for market intelligence
- Market research executives in media companies
- Strategy managers in Telecoms carriers and service providers looking to benefit from growing demand in broadband
In preparing this study, Telsyte used:
- Interviews conducted with executives from SVOD providers, mobile operators, media companies and channel partners
- An online survey of a representative sample of Australians 16+ years of age conducted with 1,025 respondents in May 2015
- An online survey of a representative sample of Australians 16+ years of age conducted with 1,251 respondents in November 2014
- Financial reports released by service providers