For over a decade Telsyte's mobile services research has been providing clients with detailed data and insights into the performance of Australian mobile carriers and their offerings. From mobile broadband to M2M, Telsyte explores the emerging trends in the industry and analyses consumers' appetite for 4G services and beyond.
Key questions answered in this study include:
- What is the current uptake of 4G in Australia and what is it forecast to grow to by 2019?
- What is the share of prepaid versus post-paid and what are the forecasted changes towards 2019?
- What market shares do the current mobile services providers have and how have they performed in the last 12 months?
- What is the future outlook of the mobile services providers in terms of SIO, revenue and ARPU?
- How has the MVNO market landscape shifted in the last 12 months?
- Is the shift towards BYO post-paid plans going to continue?
- Which carrier's subscriber base would be more interested in public WiFi and shared data plans?
- What are the potential applications for LTE-Broadcast?
This study is designed for:
- Mobile carrier market research teams and analysts
- Mobile carrier PR and marketing teams looking for unique content and insights
- Government and industry regulators
In preparing this study, Telsyte used the following sources of research:
- Financial reports released by mobile carriers and other service providers.
- Interviews conducted with executives from mobile operators, equipment vendors, retailers, media companies and channel partners.
- Telsyte’s Smart Devices Survey conducted in January 2015 with a representative sample of 1,009 Australian respondents, 16 years of age and older.
- Telsyte’s annual Digital Consumer survey conducted in November 2014 with 1251 respondents.